Mayo Clinic Express Care South
500 Crossroads Drive SW
Rochester, MN 55902 (map)
Mayo Clinic Express Care offers convenient walk-in and virtual video visit care for more than 25 common health concerns, as well as eight types of vaccinations. Care is available for patients 18 months through 75 years old unless otherwise noted.
Scheduled appointments are available via Patient Online Services for face-to-face (F2F) or virtual video (VV) visits. Drop-in visits are available on a first-come, first-serve basis (sign up on arrival). (Learn more about the community North and South locations)
To ensure you receive the care you need at the appropriate location, please utilize the Check Symptoms assessment tool in Patient Online Services on the web or the Mayo Clinic App. This tool is available to Mayo Clinic patients in Iowa, Minnesota or Wisconsin regardless of age. If you do not have insurance and are unable to cover the test cost, inquire about billing options when you call.
The cost of an appointment for Mayo Clinic Express Care may be partially or completely covered by your insurance. Check with your insurance provider today. Laboratory and other services may add to the cost.
Language interpreting is offered for non-English speaking patients at no charge.
For Mayo Clinic patients, visit details are included in your Mayo medical record so your primary care providers can follow-up and coordinate continuing care.
Hours of Operation
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our hours are subject to change. Please contact your primary care clinic for questions.
- Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Closed the second Wednesday of every month from noon to 1:20 p.m.
- Holiday hours vary
- Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Scheduled appointments available via Patient Online Services for face-to-face [F2F] or virtual video [VV]
- Drop-in visits available on a first-come, first-serve basis (sign up upon arrival)
What can I be seen for?
Mayo Clinic Express Care offers limited care services for minor acute illnesses and conditions that do not require x-ray or blood work to patients age 18 months through 75 years unless otherwise noted. To ensure you receive the care you need at the appropriate location, please log in to your Patient Online Services account and utilize the Mayo Clinic COVID-19 self-assessment tool to assess your current symptoms.
Conditions seen/treated at Mayo Clinic Express Care
VV = virtual video visit; F2F = face-to-face visit
- Acne [VV or F2F]
- Bladder infections (female, ages 12 to 75 years) [F2F]
- Cold sores [VV or F2F]
- Cold symptoms [VV or F2F]
- Constipation [VV or F2F]
- Dental procedure prophylaxis [VV or F2F]
- Diarrhea [VV or F2F]
- Ear pain [F2F]
- Ear wash [F2F] (no upper age limit)
- Lice [VV or F2F]
- Medication renewal (non-controlled and short-term) [VV or F2F]
- Minor burns [VV or F2F]
- Minor skin infections [VV or F2F]
- Nausea [VV or F2F]
- Oral contraceptives (females, ages 18 to 34 years) [VV or F2F]
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis) [VV or F2F]
- Pregnancy testing (urine) [F2F]
- Rashes [VV or F2F]
- Sinus symptoms/Sinusitis [VV or F2F]
- Smoking cessation (18 years and older) [VV or F2F]
- Sore throat [VV or F2F]
- Sports/camp exams (age 11 through 24, excludes chronic medical conditions) [F2F]
- Suture removal [F2F]
- Stye [VV or F2F]
- Tick exposure [VV or F2F]
- Travel-related motion sickness [VV or F2F]
- TB (Tuberculosis) skin testing, test reading [F2F]
- Vaccination (Hepatitis A and B [adult only], HPV, Meningococcal ACWY, Meningitis, Pneumococcal, Shingles, Tdap [Tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis]) [F2F]
- Vaginal yeast infection (females, ages 18-65 years) [VV or F2F]
- Vomiting [VV or F2F]
- Wart removal (up to 4 warts per visit) [F2F]
Conditions NOT seen/treated at Mayo Clinic Express Care
- Age birth through 17 months
- Age 76 years or older
- Abdominal pain
- Animal bites
- Back pain
- Chest pain
- Physical Examinations
- Urinary Tract Infection (male patients)
- Vaginal examinations
Cost of visits
All or some of the cost of the visit may be covered by your health insurance. Check with your insurance provider today.