Sibshops: An opportunity for siblings to connect with others experiencing similar circumstances
Sibshops is a program for children and teens who have a sibling living with chronic health, mental health or developmental needs. Sibshops events offer therapeutic opportunities for children and teens to connect with peers experiencing similar circumstances. The events are held multiple times throughout the year and are divided into age groups:
- 6–12 years (school-age)
- 13–18 years (teen edition)
- Family Event
Children and teens who participate in Sibshops have the opportunity to:
- Explore their experience of having a sibling living with chronic health, mental health or developmental needs.
- Express how they view their family and their role within it.
- Relate to and have fun with kids facing similar circumstances.
- Enhance their awareness of how important they are.
- Have fun by playing games, doing crafts and engaging in physical activities.
Join us for our next "Family Night Out" at the Rochester Honkers Game on Tuesday, July 11, which includes all-you-can-eat/drink (non-alcoholic beverages) concessions through the seventh inning. Registration is required ($20 per family — scholarships are available). Space is limited, so register soon.
For more information about Sibshops or the Rochester Honkers event, email email@example.com or call 507-255-4091.