New locations for anticoagulation blood test
Beginning Tuesday, Oct. 26, all Primary Care labs in Rochester and Kasson will offer point of care INR testing to Anticoagulation patients. Patients will be able to choose any of these laboratories for blood tests:
- Baldwin Laboratory, 221 Fourth Ave. SW, Rochester.
- Mayo Family Clinic Kasson Laboratory, 411 West Main St., Kasson.
- Mayo Family Clinic Northeast Laboratory, 3041 Stonehedge Drive NE, Rochester.
- Mayo Family Clinic Northwest Laboratory, 4111 West Frontage Road Hwy 52 NW, Rochester.
- Mayo Family Clinic Southeast Laboratory, 4544 Canal Place SE, Rochester.
Ample free parking is available at each location, except the Baldwin Building. At the Baldwin Building, patients can use metered street parking, or the Baldwin Ramp at 221 Fourth Ave. SW for a fee.
Patients are asked to call the Anticoagulation Appointment Line at 507-538-8650 to schedule or make changes to appointments for point of care blood tests and follow up with their Anticoagulation Care Team after each test. Patients can also talk to their Anticoagulation Care Team, including about medication dosing, through video visits. Video visits help the Anticoagulation Care Team visually assess overall physical health and provide the best possible care recommendations.
After Oct. 26, Mayo Clinic Express Care South will no longer provide point of care blood tests. This location is tentatively scheduled to reopen for acute care patients later this year.