Gregory J. Hanson, M.D.
Locations / Programs
The Senior Services programs provide care to older adults with complex medical needs that live in their home or in a skilled nursing facility. The Senior Services program teams are comprised of Mayo Clinic physicians and advanced practice providers (APP) who work together very closely and provide health care to residents in a skilled nursing facility or their home.
Service locations include:
- Skilled Nursing Facilities: Mayo Clinic staff provide on-site medical care and consultative services in approximately 30 skilled nursing facilities across Southeast Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic team works closely with staff in the facility to create a health care team to serve the needs of the residents. Each killed nursing facility has designated primary care physicians and APPs.
- Homebound: Patients who meet criteria my be offered one of the following homebound programs:
- Care Transitions Program: Designed to help patients during the critical point of transition from an inpatient or skilled nursing facility stay back to their home environment.
- Palliative Care Homebound Program: This home-visit service is provided to individuals with late-stage, life-threatening illness.
- Primary Care House Calls: Provides home visits to patients who have chronic conditions and need help with two or more activities of daily living. This service also inclused creating care plans, reviewing medications and more.
Department / Division
Community Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Palliative Care
Community Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Palliative Care cares for patients age 18 and older. Our providers offer general health and wellness care, including preventive exams. They also help manage complex medical conditions, such as heart disease, emphysema and diabetes.
Medical Specialties / Interests