Mayo Clinic Express Care now offers video visits
Mayo Clinic is now offering Express Care video visits to Southeast Minnesota patients.
This new option is available to patients ages 18 months through 75 years. You must have a Patient Online Services account to have an Express Care video visit.
An Express Care video visit is like a face-to-face visit at an Express Care clinic, but instead of going to the clinic, you video chat with a Mayo Clinic Express Care provider on your phone or computer from home. Express Care video visits offer a quick, convenient option for treating minor conditions.
The cost of an Express Care video visit is $69. Be sure to check with your insurance company for coverage questions.
How to schedule a video visit
You can self-schedule an Express Care video visit through Patient Online Services (preferred) or call your local Mayo primary care appointment line to schedule. You will be able to select a time for your appointment as soon as 20 minutes from the time of signing up (or 40 minutes if an interpreter is needed). Appointment times range from 8 a.m. to 4:40 p.m., seven days a week.
Express Care video visits will use the same video technology and process as other Mayo video visits. To access a video visit appointment, go to your Mayo Clinic Patient Online Services account on one of the following:
- A computer with a camera, working speakers or a headset, and internet access.
- A mobile device in an area with strong internet and enough mobile data and batter life to complete the appointment.
- Connecting to a Video Appointment through the Mayo Clinic App on a mobile device
- Connecting to a Video Appointment through a desktop or laptop
Menu of treatable conditions expands
Patients can once again receive treatment for conditions that had been removed from Express Care menus due to COVID-19 safety precautions. There are also some new additions to the list of treatable conditions.
Some symptoms will require a face-to-face visit versus a video visit, and some will require a video visit or other arrangement due to COVID-19 safety precautions. The newly available treatable conditions are:
- Cold symptoms [video visit required]
- Heartburn [video visit or face-to-face]
- Medication renewal (non-controlled and short-term) [video visit required]
- Minor injuries [video visit or face-to-face visit]
- Nausea [video visit required]
- Rashes [video visit or face-to-face visit]
- Sinus symptoms (sinusitis) [video visit required]
- Sore throat [video visit required]
- Travel-related motion sickness [video visit required]
- Vomiting [video visit required]
For the full list of treatable conditions at Express Care, visit our Express Care overview webpage.
If you think you have COVID-19
Patients with COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19 should call the COVID-19 Nurse Line at 507-293-9525 or use the Check Symptoms feature on Patient Online Services instead of using Express Care video visits. If you do request an Express Care visit for COVID-19 symptoms, a video visit will be required instead of a face-to-face visit.