ECH influenza vaccination program beginning soon
Mayo Clinic recommends everyone be vaccinated against influenza (flu) each year. Once again, we will have only injectable vaccines available. In place of the nasal spray, Employee and Community Health (ECH) nurses will offer pain-reducing measures, including Pain Ease®, vibrating ice-packs and comfort holds.
Patients with any type of egg allergies can receive any of the flu vaccines offered in ECH without being referred to Allergy. There is no observation period required. Patients under age 18 with severe egg allergies cannot be vaccinated at the Saturday clinics.
Flu vaccine programs start in October
- October 4: You can call your primary care site to schedule a flu vaccination. Mayo employees should schedule a visit at one of the on-site employee flu clinics.
- October 16: Scheduled flu-vaccine-only visits begin
- Monday-Friday during normal patient hours at each primary care site.
- October 21 & 28: Saturday scheduled flu-vaccine-only visits
- October 23 through November 17: Walk-in clinics
- Available for patients who don't require a private examination room (patients age 8 years and older, dressed in clothing that allows access to the upper arm, etc.)
- Mayo Family Clinics Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, and new this year, Kasson
- Monday through Friday during each clinic's regular patient hours
- Walk-in clinics close from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 30 minutes before clinic hours end each day
Mayo Clinic employees and volunteers should get their flu shots through Occupational Health Services (OHS).