Walk-in COVID-19 vaccine clinic on May 5 for patients, visitors, and staff in Rochester
Mayo Clinic in Rochester is offering patients, visitors and staff members a convenient opportunity to receive the COVID-19 vaccination if they haven't had a chance to schedule an appointment yet.
The walk-in COVID-19 vaccine clinic will be in the Siebens Building, Phillips Hall level 1, for one day on Wednesday, May 5 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. CST.
The Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine will be available while supplies last. The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will be available when the supply of Johnson & Johnson is depleted. These vaccines are recommended for adults 18 years and older.
The Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine is given as one dose.
The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine is given in a two-dose series. The second dose is given 28 days after the first. If you receive Moderna, you will need to schedule your second dose.
You may be able to schedule you second Moderna dose one of several ways:
- If you are a patient in the Rochester area or are visiting Mayo Clinic in Rochester for a few weeks, you may schedule your second Moderna dose as you leave Phillips Hall.
- You can call to see if a second Moderna dose appointment can be scheduled on the Rochester campus: 507-538-4040.
- Schedule your vaccination appointment using Patient Online Services.
- If you are traveling from other parts of Minnesota, you can check vaccine availability via the State vaccine locator website.
- If you are traveling, or from out of state, you can check your state health department's COVID-19 vaccine site for a location near you to schedule your second Moderna dose.
Nursing staff administering these vaccines will explain side effects, risks and benefits for the vaccine you are provided.