Openings still available for chronic pain workshops
Do you, a family member or friend live with chronic pain? You may want to sign up for the free Living Well with Chronic Pain workshop series offered by WellConnect.
Living Well with Chronic Pain is a group workshop that meets for 2.5 hours each week for six weeks. Topics covered include:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, isolation and poor sleep
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- Nutrition, pacing activity and rest
- Evaluating new treatments
You'll meet others who are experiencing similar concerns and work together to cultivate techniques to help manage chronic-pain symptoms.
When: Thursdays, 3-5:30 p.m., July 27-August 31
Where: Rochester Public Library, 1st floor, meeting room C, 101 2nd St. SE, Rochester
More information and registration is available online or you can call 866-541-1821.