Car seat inspections help ensure kids travel safely
Make sure your children are traveling safely in your vehicles by making an appointment for one of the Child Passenger Car-Seat Inspection clinics in 2019. Certified passenger safety technicians will be there to properly fit children in their car seats and help with the correct and safe installation of car and booster seats.
These inspections are done by appointment only during the scheduled dates, and they fill up fast! Here's the info you need for the clinics:
What: Child Passenger Car Seat Inspection
Where: Rochester Fire Station #2, 2185 Wheelock Drive Northeast, Rochester
How to register: Call 507-538-3740 or email Elle Stangl. Registration is required.
- Parents/guardians also will need to provide their name, phone number, email, home address, vehicle make/model/year, and the name(s), age(s), height and weight of the child(ren) attending.
- Expecting parents are welcome, too! (Please provide due date.)
What to bring: Car seats and/or booster seats and the children who use them.
More info: Each inspection takes about 45 minutes.
Inspections scheduled throughout 2019:
- January 15, Tuesday, 4 to 7 p.m.
- February 12, Tuesday, 4 to 7 p.m.
- March 7, Thursday, 4 to 7 p.m.
- April 11, Thursday, 4 to 6:30 p.m.
- May 16, Thursday, 3:30 to 7 p.m.
- June 12, Wednesday, 3:30 to 7 p.m.
- July 17, Wednesday, 3:30 to 7 p.m.
- August 24, Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- September 17, Tuesday 3:30 to 7 p.m.
- October 16, Wednesday, 3:30 to 7 p.m.
- November 20, Wednesday, 4 to 7 p.m.
- December 17, Tuesday, 4 to 7 p.m.
For more information, contact Elle Stangl, Mayo Clinic Trauma Center.