Primary care offers sports checkups for students
Community Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine has scheduled a clinic for student athletes age 12-17 years (entering grades 7-12) who need a physical to participate in sports on Tues., July 27.
This clinic is available to any adolescent patient in need of a sports physical who receives their primary care at a Mayo Clinic in Rochester or Kasson facility. No college sports physicals or camp exams will be conducted. During the visit, you will move through a series of stations to complete vision/hearing screening, immunizations, and the physical examination. Patients will be billed through their insurance provider.
When: Tues., July 27, from 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Where: Baldwin Building, 3rd floor, 221 Fourth Avenue SW, Rochester, Minn.
Who: Patients age 12-17 years, entering grades 7-12, who receive their primary care at a Mayo Clinic in Rochester or Kasson facility.
Sports Clinic requirements:
- Appointments are required for this clinic.
- Direct scheduling is now available through Patient Online Services.
- Patients age 13-18 must have their own account in order to schedule the visit.
- For children age 12, the parent/guardian can schedule using the proxy set up.
- Appointments can also be scheduled by calling the patient's primary care provider's appointment office.
- One parent or guardian is required to accompany the patient, but no additional visitors. Please do not bring siblings or other children to this appointment. (Note that parents/guardians and the patient will be separated during parts of this visit.)
- Social distancing and masks are required by both the patient and parent/guardian.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your check-in time.
- 2021-22 Minnesota State High School League Sports Qualifying Physical Examination Medical Eligibility Form (Please complete page 2, top of page 3, and page 4 [if applicable] prior to arriving at the clinic.)