WellConnect program offers options for patients with chronic conditions
If you're living with a chronic condition, WellConnect's six-week series of workshops can help you live better. Living Well with Chronic Conditions (LWCC) is designed for patients interested in learning and practicing realistic, sustainable ways to live a fulfilling life, while managing a chronic condition.
Here are the details:
- Location: Northgate Health Club, 1112 7th St NW, Rochester (no club membership is required)
- Dates and times: Mondays from April 17 through May 22, 1:30-4 p.m.
- Cost: Free to community members
- Participants: Adults, age 18 and older
- Topics for this series of workshops:
- Finding better ways to deal with pain and fatigue
- Discovering easy exercises to help improve or maintain strength and energy
- Learning the appropriate use of medications
- Improving nutrition
- Talking effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- Understanding new treatment choices
- Feeling better about life
To register for LWCC, patients may call Lori Christianson at 507-251-3835.
WellConnect is an innovative collaboration of individuals and organizations in Southeast Minnesota focused on optimizing health and wellness in the region. Among its partners is the Mayo Clinic Knowledge and Evaluation Research (KER) Unit.