ECH community website consolidates primary care information
11/9/2015 by Dr. Denise Dupras
Welcome to www.communityhealth.mayoclinic.org! In February, Mayo Clinic Employee and Community Health (ECH) launched this new community website that consolidates our locations, hours and appointment information in one easy-to-access site.
The information on the website supports our primary care practices:
- Department of Family Medicine
- Division of Community Pediatric and Adolescent medicine (CPAM)
- Division of Primary Care Internal Medicine (PCIM)
You can find information about all of our locations, including hours they're open, address and contact numbers for:
- Baldwin Building
- Mayo Family Clinic Kasson
- Mayo Family Clinic Northeast
- Mayo Family Clinic Northwest
- Mayo Family Clinic Southeast
- Mayo Clinic Express Care North
- Mayo Clinic Express Care South
In addition to this basic practice information, the new site features:
- Information on how our care teams work to enhance your care and provide better access
- Conditions that are (and are not) treated at Mayo Clinic Express Care
- How to contact your provider and care team through Patient Online Services
- How to receive non-visit care via Mayo Clinic Express Care Online
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Featured stories about wellness and common health conditions
- Special classes and events sponsored by ECH, such as child car seat clinics
- A database with information about our providers
"This site makes it much easier to communicate with our patients. We can provide prevention tips based on local needs and the season," says Dr. Denise Dupras, a consultant in PCIM and physician co-lead for the new site. "For example, we now can alert our community patients about upcoming flu clinics or sports physical clinics."
If you have been to any of our locations lately, you may have noticed posters featuring a bright-red toolbox. Visit our website often and watch the toolbox open to provide you with information for your preventive care needs or acute illnesses/conditions.
Dr. Denise Dupras is a physician in Employee and Community Health's Division of Primary Care Internal Medicine at Mayo Family Clinic Northwest. She has special interests in web design, social media, patient education and LGBTI (Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender/Intersex) medicine.